- It was a quiet week for the stable but the stable still had some strong results.
- Legal Zou was impressive at Benalla on Sunday, taking out race four’s 0-58 handicap (1406m) at a juicy $34. The galloper was ridden well by Connor Murtagh from gate 12, flashing down the outside to win by a head.
- Brenlyn’s Trooper ran a strong second place at Albury last Friday. Stepping up to open handicap grade in The Twilight, the six-year-old finished a touch over a length behind Prophet’s Pride in the feature race.
- Eamonn’s Memory wasn’t disgraced at Benalla, finishing 3.4L off them in race six (0-58).
Adaminaby Cup Day
- The team will make the eight hour round trip to Adaminaby for their historic cup meeting on Saturday. The Adaminaby Cup is stooped in history and has been proudly sponsored by local entities for decades. The club celebrated 150 years in 2014.
- Malabar Prince will kick the day off in race one (maiden) as he looks for a first victory.
- Race two’s Class 1 (1000m) will see College Dropout and Wagunda in action.
- Deploy and Destroy and new acquisition Bellman will take their place in the Adaminaby Cup (race five) with both gallopers looking a live chance.
- Race six’s benchmark 58 (1700m) will feature Rainbow Thief and Adelaide’s Diamond.
- Monday’s meeting at Kyneton will see Adelaide’s Diamond on a quick back-up in race two’s benchmark 58 (1856m).
- Confessed will run her third start for ADR in race eight (1454m) but has drawn wide in gate 11.
- Three gallopers trialled at Benalla on Monday.
- Hells Son trialled nicely and will now kick off his preparation at Wodonga on Friday.
- ADR will be looking to take a few runners to Wodonga’s cup meeting on Friday, as well as Tatura’s cup day on Saturday.
- At Wodonga promising three-year-olds Hells Son and Manalore will return from spells, while Kiss The Bride will likely run in the Wodonga Cup. Mescaminto and Bellman may also be in action.
PHOTO: Bellman will run his first start for ADR at Adaminaby on Saturday.