- Brenlyn’s Trooper was the sole ADR galloper to attend Benalla’s cup day meet last Friday. The six-year-old ran a huge third, finishing under a length behind in race four’s benchmark 64 (1106m). Brenlyn’s Trooper got a nice run at the tail of the field and loomed nicely at the top of the straight but couldn’t find a run. A gap opened up at the 100m mark where he showed a nice turn of foot to hit the line well, but unfortunately his dash was left too late.
- Saturday’s Wagga meeting saw Deploy and Destroy notch back-to-back wins from his first two starts for ADR. The six-year-old gelding came from last under a great ride from Holly Durnan to win race six (BM50).
- Malabar Prince showed some promise in the first race of the day, finishing just over two lengths behind the winner in just the second start of his career.
- Wagunda and Adelaide’s Diamond were five and 6.29L behind in their respective races.
- ADR will head to Albury and Gunbower on Saturday.
- Crimosa will be gunning for back-to-back wins at Albury after saluting first-up at Grenfell two weeks ago. Apprentice hoop Holly Durnan has been booked to ride.
- The stable has multiple nominations for Gunbower on Saturday with the likes of new acquisition Raise Hell, Rainbow Thief and Mescaminto likely to go around.
- The stable will target Caulfield Cup weekend with meetings at Deniliquin for their cup and Wodonga.
- Both race days will be the perfect lead up to Berrigan Cup day on November 4, where the stable will be looking to take a big team.
Promising gallopers return.
- Promising gallopers Hells Son and Manalore have returned to the stable after a stints at Mitchell Park and Fulmen Park.
- Both horses have returned in terrific order as they look to attack their three-year-old seasons.
- Hells Son showed great promise in his debut season contesting the group three Chairman’s Stakes, the Jack Maher Classic and Donald Classic where he wasn’t far off in all.
- Manalore finished second in the Jack Maher Classic in his first start and was then taken to Flemington.
PHOTO: Brenlyn’s Trooper (far left) gives chase.