Manalore runs strong second
- Promising two-year-old Manalore came within a nose of taking out the prestigious two-year-old Jack Maher Classic last Saturday. Paying a valuable $7.20 for the place, Manalore ran like a leading contender, jumping to the front with Lachlan King in the saddle. The son of the late Fiorente showed plenty of fight, finding another gear at the 200m mark when he looked like he was running out of puff .
Swan Hill Racing Carnival
- Manalore will now attack Swan Hill’s $125,000 Vobis Gold Elvstroem Classic on Friday, June 9. The 1300m two-year-old’s feature race has proven to be one of the highlights of the Swan Hill Racing Carnival. After handling Wodonga’s soft seven in the Jack Maher Classic and with rain forecasted in Swan Hill next week, a bit of give in the track could be what Manalore needs.
- Pending the condition of the track, Hells Son is also a likely chance to make the trip to Swan Hill where he’ll contest the SuperVobis two-year-old’s maiden plate over 975m on Saturday, June 10. The son of Hellbent finished three lengths off the winner in the Jack Maher Classic last start.
Flying Artie filly available
- ADR has shares in a Flying Artie x Nishka yearling available for ownership. The stunning one-year-old filly was purchased by ADR for $10,000 at Inglis’ Classic Yearling Sale in February. The filly is currently at the breakers after spelling at Mitchell Park. Flying Artie has had his best season to date as a stallion, racking up 64 winners from 145 starts. For more information visit https://andrewdaleracing.com/horses-available/.
Great Southern Weanling Sale
- ADR will attend Great Southern Weanling Sale on June 8 and 9 in a bid to secure two of the stable’s future stars. Mitchell Bloodstock’s James Mitchell will be at the sale to find ADR their next up and comer. Weanlings by the likes of leading sires I Am Invincible, Snitzel and Written Tycoon headline a strong catalogue for the Great Southern Weanling Sale. In total, 377 weanlings will be offered at Oaklands in what is the last chance of the Southern Hemisphere sales season to secure top-quality weanlings at a live auction. Previously Manalore was purchased at the Great Southern Weanling Sale for $8000.
Shooting For Stars
- Former ADR galloper and last start winner Shooting For Stars has his next mission locked in for Will Clarken & Niki O’Shea. The three-year-old filly will tackle the three-year-old benchmark 70 handicap (1250m) at Morphettville on Saturday, June 10.
- Promising three-year-old Mutakherin has unfortunately been retired. The galloper underwent double knee surgery last year and was a few starts into his return, but unfortunately after veterinarian advice the gelding has had to finish up. His last start was run on May 12 when he finished fourth at Albury, two lengths off the winner.
Future race plans
- Besides next weekend’s meeting at Swan Hill, ADR will aim horses towards Corowa’s race day on June 8, Narrandera (June 17), Wodonga (June 24) and Albury (June 25) to cap off the month of June.